If you’re facing a strict time frame for selling your Birmingham home, and you need yo know the best time to sell your house, we have the answer to your problem.
The best time to sell your house in Birmingham, AL is probably during the summertime, particularly in June. Since it usually takes three months to close on a home, listing your Birmingham house in March gives you far better chances of selling in June.
Meanwhile, if you’re looking to sell your home fast, housing transaction data suggests August as the best time to close on your house sale. That means that if you list your house in Birmingham, AL in May, you could sell much sooner than in any other month.
Of course, these statistics are all general. At the end of the day, the best time to sell your house in Birmingham, AL depends on your unique situation.
We’ve rounded up the pros and cons of selling your house at a particular time to help you make better and smarter decisions.
Selling Your House in Summer
As previously mentioned, summer is probably the best time of year to sell your house. You have better chances of a home closing in June, especially since ATTOM Data Solutions cites June 28 as the most likely day to close a home.
While the reasons for selling your home in summer may be in your best interest, consider the drawbacks that come with selling around this time.
- More time for home showings: Birmingham in summer has more daylight hours. Plus, summer weather can be predictable, with the average temperatures ranging between 88°F-91°F.
- Flexible time for buyers and sellers: With summer vacation leaving everyone with more time on their hands, house tours are more convenient.
- Sense of urgency: Buyers tend to make more competitive offers when their buying window closes. So, they move faster to get settled in a home, and even faster if they have kids.
- Compare existing home sale data: By this time, there’s sure to be some home sales from spring that you can use to help name a price for your home.
- Competition with other areas: Other areas may also find that summer is the best time to sell, and this can leave you scrambling for buyers. You may be pressed for time in meeting their demands.
- Vacations: Yes, we listed this as a pro, but it has its own downfalls. Not many buyers may be looking for homes in your area since they’re just on vacation.
Plus, if you have kids, they’ll be out of school. So, hosting a house tour might pose a problem with them around.
- Busier times: Most working professionals have no summer vacation and are even much busier during this time. Finding a real estate agent or other contractors becomes harder, and costs you more money.
- Maintenance costs: During the worst weather days, you might have to spend a lot on air conditioning to avoid any damage that buyers can hold against you.
The last point could be more of a problem if your house already needs repairs. A great solution to curb this is to contact cash home buyers if you’re looking for fast cash, like us at Cash Home Offer USA.
You can easily sell us your Birmingham house, no matter the condition it’s in. No repairs, no maintenance; we’ll make an offer and you just get paid.
Selling Your House During the Holidays
The holiday seasons in fall and winter might be a good time to sell your Birmingham house. Around this time, buyers are more serious and there’s lesser housing inventory.
If you count year-end issues as a plus, then you’re more likely to sell a house around this time of year.
- Serious buyers: Some people might have failed to buy a house during spring or summer. They’re likely to be more motivated to close before the holidays arrive.
- Low inventory: The lack of housing competition during the holidays may give you an edge in selling your home quicker.
If you combine the lesser housing inventory during winter with the fact that there are more serious buyers at this time, you could close much faster compared to another time.
- Cheaper maintenance costs: Usually, this time of year has many professionals offering their maintenance services at much lower prices.
- Festive decorations: The holiday season gives you the chance to make your listings more attractive and enticing with natural fall or winter settings.
- Demanding buyers: With lesser competition in the housing market, buyers might get braver with their demands.
- Less curb appeal: Although the atmosphere during this time of year can be attractive in photos, the curb appeal may disappear. Some buyers get turned off by dying flowers, balding trees, and browning grass.
- Higher heating costs: This time of year is colder, so you’ll be spending more to keep your house warm. Failure to maintain your house might leave it in a worse condition than it already is.
Leaving your house in a certain condition will make it harder to sell. You’ll need to clean up or repair your property, costing you more money without the guarantee of selling within your timeframe.
We can save you that expensive and time-consuming hassle by working out a fair cash offer. At Cash Home Offer USA, we operate on your schedule, whenever you are ready to close.
Sell Your House in Birmingham, AL Now
Summer and the holiday season are the best times to sell your house in Birmingham, AL. These times both have their pros and cons in the real estate market but are probably your best bet.
You must remember, however, that selling during these times still requires a few months to actually get the property off your hands. From listing to closing, you could be looking at three months before a home sale goes through.
If we told you that there’s a way to sell your house in just seven days, would you believe us?
We help property owners like you sell your house for fast cash — no matter the condition your house is in, or whatever situation you might be facing.
Simply give us a call at 888-724-9603 so we can craft a great offer, and you won’t have to wait for months before you sell your house!